Thursday 1 November 2012

The Singing Competition

Tingle, tingle went my tummy as Ty, Molly, Tobin and I steadily stumbled up the stairs at the singing competition.  I got more nervous as I sat down and I felt like I was going to explode like a bomb!  I took a quick peek at the timetable book and I was second to sing in the whole competition.  Thousands of things were going through my mind, just breathing was something I couldn't possibly do.

Behind the curtains I was hiding with the pianist waiting patiently for my turn to shine. (Ring Ling) I heard a bell.  It was time for my turn.  I walked in a suitable pace to where I stood in a graceful manner to sing.  I gave a little nod to the pianist to tell her I'm ready and she started playing. (Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?)  Half way through the song my butterflies slowly flew away and by the end of the song I was a silver star.

The applause was amazing and I grew a gentle smile and bowed to show my gratitude to the audience  and the pianist.  I then scurried off the stage to where I got lots of high fives and well dones from family and friends.  Now I know it's not so scary once I'd tried it.

Nothing at all worried me after my first song, only probably when Ty went up I was scared for her but she did really well with her singing.   I now feel very proud of myself of what I did and I can't wait till next year.

By Danni

No comments:

Post a Comment